Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Mmm...lunch

Today I'm going to share one of my favorite chicken tips: Rotisserie chicken. I love this stuff, it's always available cheap, fresh and hot at my local supermart. For the price of a footlong, you get a whole chicken enough for several meals-for-two. And there's so much to do with the unavoidable leftovers. Instead of using plain chicken for salad, chicken salad or soups, rotisserie chicken offers an easy, more flavorful, ready at hand alternative.

For lunch today, I whipped up a superfast chicken salad ripping off little chunks from the leftover bird and dicing up some celery, red onion, and squeezing on the appropriate dressings: mayo, mustard, italian salad dressing and the like. Then I realized I only had two little ends of italian bread left...oh well. We'd gotten some Ritz crackers for meatloaf Sunday (which was delicious by the way, we polished off over 1 1/2 pounds of extra lean ground beef between the two of us) and the chicken salad with Ritz is even better than on bread, what a tasty surprise!

No comments:

Post a Comment